Here are some of the reasons that make you understand why organic coconut oil actually works for treating psoriasis on skin and scalp.
- It has medium chain fatty acids same as your skin that makes the oil to get well absorbed into the skin (than any other natural oils) and restores the moisture levels to prevent dry and itchy patches on the skin.
- The healthy saturated fatty acids in coconut oil help a lot in balancing the saturated to unsaturated oils which in turn helps to maintain proper communications between cells and also restore the skin’s own depleted levels of fatty acids as more durable.
- It has anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce the pain, irritation, and inflammation caused by psoriasis and helps to keep your skin look younger by nourishing the damaged skin.
- Click here to Read More
- Kinetin, a plant hormone in coconut oil has a potent antioxidant property that aids in the reducing the damage caused due to free radicals on the skin by promoting division in cells.
- It has monoglyceride that exhibits antiseptic property, used to withstand bacterial, viral and fungal infections on the skin. These infections will make the cells in underlying dermal skin layers to get inflamed and thus leads to either psoriasis outbreaks or worsening your problem.
- It improves digestive health that reduces the abdominal fat and sugar cravings. In certain research, people with abdominal fat react less likely to psoriasis treatment than people with very little abdominal fat, as the fat around abdomen will interact with the medicines and slows down the curing process.
- It has been proved in certain research that psoriasis is linked to insulin resistance which further reduces the inflammation in the skin. Coconut oil is very capable of reducing the insulin resistance and thereby reduces psoriasis lesions.
- It contains fatty acids like lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid that boost up the immune system to prevent this auto-immune skin problem.
How to use Coconut Oil for Psoriasis:
Here we are providing the best coconut oil methods for treating psoriasis and its symptoms.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil can be used alone to control psoriasis patches on the skin. It is the best natural oil that keeps the skin well moisturized for more time to reduce the redness and dryness than any other moisturizers.
Steps to be followed…
- Take enough of virgin coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Place it in hot water to get the oil melt and slightly warm.
- Apply the oil on psoriasis affected skin areas like elbows, knees, arms, fingernails, trunk and scalp.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and allow it to sit for few hours to overnight.
- Leave it like that without washing and if you feel any greasy, then wipe off the excess oil from the applied areas.
- Continue applying the coconut oil for 2 – 3 times a day whenever you feel skin tightening.
- Or simply apply cold pressed and virgin coconut oil directly on the affected areas, as it gets melted in your hands while applying.
- For more effective results, spread the oil soon after taking a bath or shower which help to lock the moisture and keep your skin moisturized.
- For treating your scalp psoriasis, wrap your head with a warm towel and in the morning, remove the scale by combing it with a soft bristle toothbrush or a wide tooth comb.